Jacksonville BUI Defense Lawyer
Florida Boating Under the Influence (BUI) is very similar to the charge of Jacksonville Driving Under the Influence (Jacksonville DUI). According to Florida Statute 327.35, Jacksonville boating under the influence occurs when a person:
- is operating a vessel; and
- is under the influence of alcoholic beverages or a chemical substance to the extend that his or her normal faculties are impaired; or
- has a blood or breath alcohol level of 0.08 or higher.
The penalties for boating under the influence is Jacksonville, Florida vary depending on how many convictions you have accumulated in the past, which are analogous to Jacksonville DUI penalties. The penalties for Florida Boating Under the Influence including the following:
- fines ranging from $500 to $4000;
- jail or prison time;
- substance abuse education, evaluation, and treatment;
- community service; and
- impoundment or immobilization of the vessel.
If you have been arrested for Boating Under the Influence in Jacksonville, Florida or the surrounding areas, contact a Jacksonville Boating Under the Influence Attorney. Contact a Jacksonville Criminal Defense Lawyer at 20 Miles Law. You can contact a Jacksonville Criminal Defense Attorney at (904) 564-2525 or by email.